âªâªÂ Â Project MÂ² Home
âªâªÂ Â About Project MÂ²
âªâªÂ Â Grade Two
âªâªÂ Â Grade One
âªâªÂ Â Kindergarten
âªâªÂ Â Coming Soon
Project MÂ² Units are published by Kendall Hunt Publishing.
Visit Kendall Hunt to order your Manipulative Kit, Teacher Guides, Teacher Resources, and Student Mathematician Journals.
Through Project MÂ² the following goals were accomplished:
- Created and published six advanced mathematics units for students in Grades K, 1, & 2;
- Developed students’ understanding of geometry and measurement content and processes;
- Supported young students real-world experiences in mathematics;
- Increased the mathematics achievement of all students in grades K-2;
- Targeted the participation of traditionally underrepresented students in advanced mathematics curriculum, including minorities, those from low SES backgrounds, and second language learners.
Students and teachers in 11 schools of varying socioeconomic levels in Connecticut, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Texas participated in Project MÂ² over a 5-year period.
NAGC Distinguished Curriculum Award
- 2010 Level 2 Designing a Shape Gallery: Geometry with the Meerkats
- 2011 Level 1 Exploring Shape Games: Geometry with Imi and Zani
- 2012 Level K Exploring Shapes in Space: Geometry with the Frogonauts