We provide both professional development as well as support for teachers and administrators who are implementing the SEM through our Schoolwide Enrichment Model Outreach. The outreach that we provide is geared to meet all SEM goals selected by educators. Each school that we serve has different needs, and we differentiate our training with each school based upon those specific needs.
We provide training and coaching in all aspects of the Schoolwide Enrichment Model, including:
- An Overview of the Schoolwide Enrichment Model
- Enrichment Clusters
- Infusion of the Enrichment Triad into the Regular Classroom
- SEM-R: The Schoolwide Enrichment Model Reading Framework
- Curriculum Compacting and Differentiation
- Understanding 2e (Twice Exceptional Learners)
- Infusing SEL (Social Emotional Learning) into the classroom to support and encourage students
Please contact us at any time to learn more about the outreach, support, and professional development that we provide. In addition, we are able to organize an opportunity for administrators and teachers to visit an SEM school, in person, via Skype, or on the phone, to can talk with teachers or administrators who use the Schoolwide Enrichment Model.
To learn more about, or arrange a professional learning opportunity related to Schoolwide Enrichment Model, contact Lisa Muller (firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.486.4676). We can help you identify the ways we can support and provide training for your school. Please note that our goal is to create a team of SEM leaders in schools who will be able to continue the work that we start.
Here are three links to provide additional information about the Schoolwide Enrichment Model:
- The first link SEM Directory will take you to a list of schools that are using the Schoolwide Enrichment Model and welcome other schools to visit them. You may contact these schools yourself, or, if you would prefer, we can call me to help you to make the connection.
- The second link SEM Third Edition Resources and Forms is to a list of resources about the Schoolwide Enrichment Model. These resources include downloadable forms that you can use in your own classroom from The Schoolwide Enrichment Model: A How-to Guide for Talent Development, 3rd ed. by Joseph S. Renzulli & Sally M. Reis.
- Finally, here is a link to information on Confratute, the longest running summer institute on enrichment-based differentiated teaching held at the University of Connecticut.