Special Education Teacher: 6th Grade ICT MATH program (possibly in conjunction with 12:1:1 or other)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a Regular New York City License and/or New York State Certification in Teaching.
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to work collaboratively, including co-teaching, joint planning and employing a range of instructional methodologies to effectively teach diverse learners in a single class.
- Familiarity with multiple models for successful ICT co-teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze and utilize data accurately to individualize instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain current and accurate data binder (digital and/or hard copy) and access data sources to inform instructional practice.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to compliance deadlines (including, but not limited to, IEP reviews, allocation of modifications, and adherence to ambulatory services).
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with paraprofessionals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple intervention programs.
- Familiarity with the Schoolwide Enrichment Model.
- Ability to engage students in project-based learning, based off of interests and identified student strengths.
- The Special Education teacher will work as a co-teacher with a general education teacher as per individual program.
As a teacher in the Integrated Collaborative Team Teaching class, the expectations are:
- To work collaboratively with your co-teacher.
- Co-plan lessons as a partnership and engage in curriculum planning with colleagues.
- Implement a variety of the co-teaching models to instruction students with diverse needs.
- Meet the needs of diverse learners by incorporating all learning modalities.
- Willingness to participate in ICT Professional Development sessions to enhance professional knowledge and turn-key the content to colleagues.
- Scaffold instruction to move students to their Least Restrictive Environment.
- Collaborate to set individual student goals and complete IEPs. Develop, revise and monitor student progress towards IEP goals.
- Maintain and document ongoing data dialogues with your co-teacher.
- Relate in a positive manner to staff, parents and students.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Principal David Abbott at DAbbott@schools.nyc.gov.