Instructional methods and materials that are purposefully designed to promote the development of thinking and feeling processes.
- All students (basic training).
- Talent Pool students (basic training, plus advanced level experiences according to individual abilities and interests).
- To develop general skills in creative thinking and problem solving, and critical thinking.
- To develop affective processes such as sensing, appreciating, and valuing.
- To develop a wide variety of specific learning how to learn skills such as notetaking, interviewing, classifying and analyzing data, drawing conclusions, etc.
- To develop skills in the appropriate use of advanced level reference materials such as readers guides, directories, abstracts, computer software, the Internet, etc.
- To develop written, oral, and visual communication skills that are primarily directed towards maximizing the impact of students’ products upon appropriate audiences.
A Taxonomy of Process and Thinking Skills Development.
A “Scope & Sequence” Approach to Process Development.
Methods-Oriented and Materials-Oriented.
Planning Matrix for Organizing and Teaching Type II Skills
Materials & Activities Selection Worksheet for Planning Type II Enrichment
Enrichment Materials Specification Form